View Single Post

interesting thread.

I picked up non-running 78 930 clone/project. did a bit of tinkering on the issues, but then decided to go the full monty on it. meaning, drop the engine/tranny, and refresh the whole car, including a repaint.

but first need to finish the 86 951 project before focusing on the 930. in the final phase ( I hope ) on my 86 951 DE/street car project. SPEC stage III clutch and alum flywheel on the shelf waiting for me to dig in.

///chris and jeff NJ. looks like you have a very similar plan to mine. wevo, turbocraft long neck, new WG, rebuilt or different turbo, WUR upgrade, rarlyl8 center outlet exh.

voitureltd, [QUOTE]Always nice to find one already built, that an enthustiast < with deep pockets > paid for/QUOTE]

love seeing the one with the brains inside. my car had full rebuild on engine, moded, twin plug, and older Electromotive ingition crammed into the side of the engine bay. planning to upgrade to a newer twin plug ignition and put the brains inside similar to that. car has a huge pile of pics and receipts, suspect the PO spent more on this build than if he had just bought a 'real' 930. but suspect that was not what he wanted. was told it dyno'ed at 400 RWHP.

since a clone, no worries about mods and value to me. if it was not a clone and modified, could never have afforded it. but when I do get to the 930, it will take a while to get everything the way I want it. want it to be a showable car I will drive frequently, no plan for this on the track, not sure I have the skills and BALLS for what I hope it will be when done. will have the 951 as my 'new' DE/street car, to replace the NA 911 I retired from the track and cosmetically reverted to stock.

all my cars are drives, but try to make/keep them in great running condition and also presentable.

cant wait to have my 930 on the road.
86 944 turbo my new DE/track car.
78 930 clone project car.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)