View Single Post
Banned

Robby, your post above is so full of misinformation that I am almost convinced that you do not have any actual experience with a "real" Porsche Turbo in any shape or form (Brandon is likely spot-on regarding his thoughts that you are "punking" the members of this forum).

Regardless however, it is laughable beyond belief that you would champion the "stock has character" theme considering your early Turbo has been stripped of much of its stock character. For example, it is equipped with a non-stock, 915 transmission intended for a much lower horsepower 911 model, it has non-stock, Fuchs knockoff wheels, you replaced a perfectly functioning ignition module for a non-stock MSD, you added an intercooler, you replaced the original throttle body, you swapped the OEM wastegate for an aftermarket one, you replaced the OEM airbox with a pod air filter, the original roof was removed and steel plates were welded to the tub in order to compensate for the loss of structural rigidity (wonder how much weight that added?), 964 rocker panels are present, and the list goes on and on. A fine, full of character stocker you have there, bub.

PS: Regarding turbos - mine had the stock, insanely laggy turbo when I bought it and I remember it well - it is hardly dull to now have a turbo that hits early and has you scooting down the road at a rapid pace while the stocker would still be in "putt putt" mode waiting for higher rpm to get going.

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 11-22-2014 at 04:30 PM..
Old 11-22-2014, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)