View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonypeoni View Post
I'll chime in here, I will research this but I'm pretty sure the RoW cars weighted less than the U.S. cars. The RoW didn't weigh what porsche had stated in the spec. The U.S. cars weights are correct as stated.
The Porsche specification books include RoW 930 weights but you have to use them as a starting point. A/C was an option for RoW 930’s (until 1986) and when it was “non-optioned” would reduced 35kg (77 lbs) from the curb weight. Non-optioned sunroof would reduce 10-15 lbs, U.S. thermal reactors from '76-79 (+20 lbs), U.S. door bracing (+10-15 lbs), and U.S. larger rear bumper pads (+10-15 lbs). Otherwise, the ’76-79 weights were the same between U.S. and RoW. The collision shocks used on all U.S. 930’s were also required for many other countries but without them, you would also save ~35 lbs.

German Standard Curb Weight
- The weight of the body with interior trim and the fuel tank
- The engine and gearbox weight will all necessary accessories, such as starter motor, generator and exhaust system, etc.
- The weight of the chassis
- The optional equipment such as automatic gearbox, air-conditioning system, sun roof, etc.

German Standard DIN 70 020 also include:
- Charged battery
- Lubricant, coolant and brake fluid
- Standard tool set
- A fuel tank at least 90% full
- Jack and spare wheel
Old 11-22-2014, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)