View Single Post

Garage
'Garage Queen/Trophy' versus 'Driver'...

Hearing about garage-queens(and how they should be driven), I spend 6 months in Sugarland TX, doing some consulting.

Now we know, many buy these cars not to be driven, but kept as a status symbol or a trophy.

For those who love to drive these cars, I believe some of them get relegated to 'garage-queens' because there is simply no good places to truly exploit what a Porsche was meant to do, and it begs like a dog to be driven. 5 years now since
my conversion to the 3.3L turbo, and not a single ticket. Yes you can drive your car
at or close to the limit, but there is a time to lay low, an a time to open up that 55-gallon drum of whup-ass.

While in TX, I was bored to tears with no mountains, Oceans(as in PCH), or Desert to drive my car, as I also like to enjoy the scenery out the window, and the sunbelt states are wonderful to own targa (which I would never consider anywhere else).

I don't drive my car every day. But 2-3 times a week...we both get some exercise!
Old 11-23-2014, 09:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)