View Single Post
3 restos WIP = psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reanimotion View Post
If you are not in a hurry there might be a few options available to us that would allow the two systems to co-exist. I'll do a little side research as I'm not up to speed on the current Electromotive range but my initial impression is the MicroSquirt would be a fairly dramatic downgrade from your current system.
Was thinking MS3 would be viable at some point. IIRC, micro and mega share a common code base, but agree, microsquirt is a major downgrade. That said, I am all for non conventional, evidenced by the fact that my electromotive isn't even being used for fueling, just spark. Thus my interest in fine grained control of the CIS fuel curve using all of the sensors I've installed, which include: TPS, Wideband O2, MAP, IAT, Oil temp, oil pressure, knock, along with others that could be added (EGT, etc.)

FWIW, the electromotive folks, although closed source, are very responsive. They wrote me a custom knock control subroutine for the Tec3r firmware. Given the appropriate data, I am certain they'd be willing participants in extending the reach of your control block into a large install base of electromotive users...if that is compatible with your business model.

- 1965 911
- 1969 911S
- 1980 911SC Targa
- 1979 930
Old 11-25-2014, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #215 (permalink)