View Single Post

Garage
I never know what to say my car is, but this thread has helped. It is not a Ruf vin car, tagged car or Ruf built car, It is a modified car with Ruf and Porsche parts.
All the Ruf parts ( 5- speed trans, IC, P&C, cams, muffler, turbo, etc.) and the Porsche sports purpose parts ( clutch, air filter housing, boost controller, boost gauge, etc.) were brought in Germany from Ruf. The rear wheels were brought from Ruf but were modified Fuchs by DP. I have all the Ruf receipts and the importation papers for the car and the German registration.
So the car is highly modified but looks totally stock, no Ruf bodywork, steering wheel or badges except the sticker for the transmission oil and what is cast on the IC.
So I have a modified 930 using Ruf and Porsche parts.
Drivability and power is better but I do not think it would be worth more than a stock one since it is a bolt on modified car.
I think Paulo summed it up well.
By the way I have 82,000 miles on this Ruf engine and it does not burn oil and makes good power. I take it regularly on road trips my only real complaint is the 11-12 MPG on the highway and worse in the city and the fact that you always feel you are in a school zone even at 80 on the freeway.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)