View Single Post

A Ghia, huh? That's a really nice example. I drove one way the hell back in some early time of my life (like late 60's/early early 70's) and really liked it. Gutless, of course, but even with the VW engine it was a lot of fun. Can just imagine what some serious HP would do to it. Always tempted to snap one up if ever I see one for sale, but they're becoming rather unobtanium lately and starting to command a pretty good price.

BTW, my "garage queen" (yeah, right) has been a "driveway-under-cover" queen the last few months. Seen dust storms, rain, and snow so far (and sat for 5 weeks between runs, and lit right up in about a half a crank!). With any luck, give me a week or two and she'll be back home in a warm heated garage. The truth: Never ever shall I ever have a garage queen, no matter how pristine. Cars that sit eventually rot and lose value. Plus, I see little value in only drooling and never driving. Life is too precious to deny the urge and privilege of being behind the wheel of one of the world's greatest supercars.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.

Last edited by mark houghton; 11-25-2014 at 06:30 PM..
Old 11-25-2014, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)