Thread: D Zug shifter
View Single Post
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo View Post
I'm with Roland . . .

Same here.

The problems with the shifter that Roland received are significant (talking sloppy cuts, poor positioning of welded pieces, etc) - these are major flaws that do not fall into the shat happens or petty nitpicking category . . . hard to believe someone on D-Zug's end approved it and shipped it to the customer (especially considering the great cost of the unit). Also, the citing of multiple positive customer reviews of the shifter, positive character references of the D-Zug guys, and chastising comments about Roland's decision to publicly question the product he received, does not change the fact that what was shipped to Roland had major quality problems.

I can't answer as to why Roland did not contact D-Zug with concers (if in fact he did not) - when he posted about the flaws long ago, I said that if it were me, I would have returned the shifter right away and he noted that he did not want to deal with that given he lives in Switzerland. Obviously, it would have been best if he had returned it - that way Roland might have been able to get a replacement that was fit for the D-Zug name, and D-Zug would not have such a negative representation of their work floating around out there. That being said, Roland is hardly obligated to return the shifter - he bought it and can do anything he pleases with it (including writing a review about it on a message board).

As far as the comments some have made that Roland should have not posted his quality concerns about the shifter on here, well, I've got to call BS on that - he presented details on the quality of an aftermarket part he bought and there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing so.

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 11-26-2014 at 08:54 AM..
Old 11-26-2014, 08:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)