Thread: 930potd
View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
thanks MikeD! And, great shot - what a fun day that was.

Heh, yeah Ronknees - that's why I picked that shot today, stumbled across it in my troves and was shocked at the difference.

Interestingly, boost onset is about the same. I'd expected it to be even more laggy honestly, and attempted to mitigate that w/ the SC cams fully advanced, but it ended up being very similar in terms of when the hammer hits... just now with a significantly bigger hammah!!!

So much that it spins my 25k spring centered clutch under load in 3rd / 4th, so I have to feather into WOT to allow the boost to settle into the drivetrain. And it pulls waaaaaay hard waaaaaay high into the revs which is a hoot.

That... and... wheelspin - the amount of rubber shards plastered behind my 295/18s is equal parts comical / depressing heh heh. 930potd, re-deux!:

It's a Garrett 82 hotside / ITS coldside from Jerry Woods, and is whistletastic. The gang behind me @ turboPALOOZER this summer kept remarking on how fawking loud it was. Pales in comparison to Petey's old CT Turbo triple ceramic ball bearing unit honestly, but I'll take it 8-)...

if you re-watch my stoopid Monticello vid, you'll feel the lag and hear me bustin on it coming out of the 2 hairpins there:

I do dig that it definitely retains some of that belovedly cherished "stock" character...

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 11-26-2014, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)