Thread: D Zug shifter
View Single Post

Garage
Ok guys, sorry for the late reply, had no time before.

First of all, thank you for your opinions, no matter pro or against. There are several reasons I did not contacted D-Zug in this case:

I bought it from Pelican, so D-Zug is not responsable for me

The smaller issues like the not square top, those fancy drillings etc.. are mainly quality issues, but the important ones are just poor engineering. I am not saying the shifter does not work fine, cannot say as I did not drive yet. But for over 600USD I just expect a way different part, quality and engineering. Look at a Hargett or a Wevo,both pricy too, much higher level for sure.

When this shifter was designed, mechanical aspects were not or only little ovserved. Then when the final design was reached, they should have cheched it under several point of views before making in serie and that is what I miss and so I don't see to get a product worth this price even if I let them change out.

Just a little not to understand my concerns:

The underside is completely flat, but there is the stock bracket/bearing of the bar in the tunnel, which originally between tunnel and shifter housing, that's where the stock housing has an opening for that bracket. Not so the D-Zug shifter, what has the effect, that the shifter is not resting flat on the tunnel. When you don't see a thing like this, you should better not design parts like this, not for that price. And the fact that it's proudly presented as made in the US does not help here at all.

So I decided to make it my way and stay away from mailing shipping etc...

Finally I do have to say that it was not correct from me not to inform anyone beside this forum. I apologize for that

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list
Old 11-26-2014, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)