Thread: D Zug shifter
View Single Post

Garage
Thanks guys, I see most see what the main problem here is.

It's not the fact that with my specific shifter went wrong mainly. It's the fact, that when I buy anything, no matter from USA, Switzerland, Germany or even China, I can expect a quality and engineering that reflects the amount of money it costs. Of course there are always products that are better for a price than others or cheaper with same quality, but that's not the case here. It's also not about good guys or customer service or not, it's about they made a product not worth the price at all as my explanation showed quite good i guess.

To the swiss watch comparison: There are cheap Swiss watches as well and you get what you pay for, even if they aren't that bad. But when you buy an expensive one, you get a more or less state of the art product which is far beyound only good and precise function.

Concerning the shifter it means:

Function ok, engineering minimum, last more than a few shifts, no pleasant finish = 200USD

Function nice, good engineering, longlasting and nice finish = 400USD

Function very nice, top engineering, bulletproof and flawless finish = 600USD

It would not be much more expensive for D-Zug to make that shifter much better, but there has to be the will to do and check before producing and selling. Which leads me to the final question: How they fixed the price of over 600USD?

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list
Old 11-30-2014, 08:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)