Thread: D Zug shifter
View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodsrsr View Post
Well the way I see it is that Roland had issues with the design of the shifter. Its not like the piece he received was damaged, he simply didn't like parts of the design. To me they were minor, to him they were major, but that's just the way the piece was made. Did he simply ask for a refund? No he did not, and the reason was that he liked the shifter enough to keep it and make modifications to it himself, then start a thread about how bad the piece was (that he decided to keep) His thread should only have been started had he asked for a full refund to return the product but been denied. A better course of action would have been to share his findings and corrections (which has some merit BTW) directly with the company first. Now to make matters worse he's hijacking a new thread to start it all over again. Why did he keep the shifter if it was that bad?
It's pretty simple. I like the idea of the shifter and as I explained before and you can see in my thread, it does not need much effort to make it way better. Further shipping to the US from Switzerland, receiving a new one (with even taxes once more) is expensive and it would be better in what point? Engineering would be the same. I don't wanted to wait until they maybe make an improved version which reflects the price, so I took this as a prototype for making my version. BTW, what I made was only to solve the biggest issues, not the final goal.

Minor or major, well looking at the product itself you can say minor, as function in general is not affected that much, at least for a certain time, but looking at the price I tend to say impertinent

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list

Last edited by proffighter; 11-30-2014 at 08:24 AM..
Old 11-30-2014, 08:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)