View Single Post

Auto heat - installed in '76 turbo?

Quick question - I have the the heat sensor up at the rear view mirror on the windshield (hanging loose from the cable mind!) but I do not have the auto heat mechanism/box between the seats on my '76 911 turbo - just the hand throttle and single red lever for manually controlling the heat. Given that the heat sensor is still hanging up at the mirror, I am assuming that the auto heat system must have been fitted in the car originally but removed at some point. The heat flaps were in good condition when I did a refurb of them leading me to believe they were also replaced as well at point - there was also no sign of the heat sensor in either of these that is needed for the auto heat.

Can anyone confirm whether this auto heat system was for sure installed in this year? The car was a UK delivered car, so would have had RoW options I - not sure if this was something that might differ with US cars....??

If it should be there then I will look at putting it back....

Thanks...
Old 11-30-2014, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)