View Single Post
Old car guy.....

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie's.930 View Post
Steve, one other thing I want to mention is that if putting a/c in your car becomes a goal, it can be done regardless of whether or not it originally came with factory a/c. Depending on your level of experience, and/or your tolerance for from-scratch, project headaches, you could assemble and install a complete a/c system in piecemeal fashion, or you could even buy a complete kit from a shop like Retroair here in the DFW area. I see they even have kits for 911s that did not originally come with a/c.

Porsche, Jaguar, Ferrari, MG, TR6, Alfa Romeo A/C Kits & Parts

Jim, I got lucky when I bought my 1987 back in 2006 as I did not know anything about the differences in the a/c ducting between older and later models back then (all I knew was that it had functioning a/c but that I would need to modify it quite a bit to suit me).
Ronnie
Thanks for the link to Retroair in Dallas I will look into this. Has anyone done one of these on a 78-84 930 or turbo SC? Have pictures?
1981 SC Steel Widebody, DP Lid, 930/51 to 3.2l, K27 7006 Turbo, DOD, P&P Twin Plug heads, Twinfire Ignition, Ruf Intercooler, Powerhaus headers, Zork, CIS Euro FD, 009 injectors, 044 pump, BLwur, 930 4 sp LSD, Mocal 44 w/fan, LM2, Brembo, Retroair, Euromeisters
2003 BMW Z4 Daily Driver & Autocross car.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)