View Single Post

Garage
From AC condenser to oil cooler, question...

Gents,

I am preparing for a future project, better oil cooling on my 930. I would really like to retain the factory look. Therefore I am considering removing the front AC condenser. I am actually considering removing the entire AC setup, but someone put a lot of money into it. On top of the front and rear condensers the car has a huge under-belly condenser. So I am guessing this should suffice in the cooler danish climate?

My question is then: can I simply remove the front condenser and just hook the lines together?

This way I can put an oil cooler horizontally in place of the condenser. The oil cooler would utilize the OEM condenser fan. Our friend JBL930 did this on his awesome 930TT.

Preliminary measurements indicate that I can actually fit my setrab 172 cooler. My plan is to seal it up real good agains the chassis, and it will sit protected by the factory condenser shielding.

I would probably also integrate some under-side ducting to enable whatever airflow under car to help suck air through the cooler.

Thoughts?
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 12-07-2014, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)