View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight View Post
Dave,

Once we get closer to spring, I will have it loaded up and transported to the nearest Porsche dealer to have it gone through.

Right now I have been devoting my time to collecting all of the cars history as to carefully preserve it.

Andrew
Andrew,

Congrats on your car and as well on being able to locate that type of material on its history. You must be very excited for it to arrive.

With regard to transporting to the nearest dealership, with of course not knowing where you live, you may want to think twice about a dealership and seek out a qualified independent shop.

I say this as the labor rate with regard to the dealership will be ridiculous as to what you get for your money, and many dealerships no longer have the staff that knows the older cars.. This being the case, you're numbers swell as they "figure it out" and again, the familiarity of these special cars just may not be there. You find a part being replaced as opposed to being repaired, and there are sometimes small differences in the continuation parts, as opposed to what was original.

As an example, we just ordered new brake backing plates for a 74 Carrera. They arrived nice and fresh with their black finish. However, the originals were yellow cad finished.

Again, just a thought..

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 12-21-2014, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #922 (permalink)