View Single Post

Garage
DSPTurtle,

Thank you very much for the explanation. It was extremely helpful! Question: are the Red Relays sold by Pelican? I could not find them in the 1979 or 1986 930 pages.

Everybody,

Wish to give everybody some feedback of what has transpired since yesterday. Today a friend that is mechanically smarter than I am and also has a 930 passed by my home today and apparently helped me resolve the problem. Both of the battery cables were loose and after tightening both terminals and removing/reinstalling both of the Fuel Pump relays, the engine started fine again. This has left me with two questions:

1. Would loose battery cables result in the engine cranking strongly but the car not starting? Negative cable was very warm when the cables were loose. After tightening, the cable does nor warm-up anymore.

2. After I drove the car for 30 minutes, both of the fuel pump relays and the next one in line were warm (almost hot) to touch. Is it normal for the two Fuel Půmp relays and the next one in line to "warm-up"?

Any feedback would greatly be appreciated. In the meantime, I hope my problem is resolved and that I do not have a serious issue with the CD box.

Best regards,
Angelo
Old 12-21-2014, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)