View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Brian,
Shortly after rebuilding my engine, I experienced higher than normal oil temps. Thought it may have been due to the engine breaking in....it wasn't. I had to replace the external oil thermostat when I was rebuilding the engine due to the threads stripping when trying replace the oil lines going to and from the thermostat. I took the "new" thermostat out (what a PIA on a slantnose, btw), put in a large pan of boiling water to see if the oil port opened. It did, but only half way. Problem found. Took the paraffin piston out of the old 'stat and put it in the new. Problem solved.

What cooler do you have in the front?

Also, I know you have blocked off the right side of the tea tray to insure that air is pulled through the IC in the past. Are you sure you're pulling enough air to cool the cylinders/heads in that configuration when you're on the track?
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 12-22-2014, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)