View Single Post
JFairman JFairman is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 7,289
If you take the rods out you should take the rods and new ARP or Raceware bolts and nuts to a good automotive machine shop and have the big ends resized. If you're going to use new stock rod bolts have the rods resized with the old stock rod bolts.

The big end holes can become oval or egg shaped by around .001" after a lot of miles and high rpms.
The machine shop will measure the big end hole while the rod bolts are torqued and if they are out of round the slightest bit they will machine a tiny amount of metal off where the rod and rod cap come together and then they install the rod bolts, torque them to spec with motor oil on the threads and re bore the hole so it's perfectly round again.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)