View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay72 View Post
Charles,

Check the texture of the paint under the fender. You can run your finger under the fender on the flat part. It should have a rough ripply feel. It should not be smooth. Compare it to the other fender. The texture should be the same. Alot of body shops dont know to reproduce this. It will give you an idea if there has been repaint. Also check the back quarter extensions, there should also be this texture on bottom part of that as well.

This texture can also be found on the side rockers, under the hood and front valance.
The texture on all the flares are the same. i just can't tell it was repainted or worked on. On some other 930s I looked at i could tell if a fender was worked on but i can't tell on this one.

i can tell the drivers side door was repainted even thought the color match is spot on.

it is what it is and I'm not going to worry about it. the car rocks as is and looks great/has a unique color.

i'm trying to find someone in the Atlanta area who can appraise the car. The new (Jan 2015) Hagerty valuation chart came out and it is about $10k higher than the previous one.
79 930 #632
88 911 Cab
74 TR6
88 CRX Si
Old 01-02-2015, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)