View Single Post

Ronnie - fair question and not the first time I've heard the word "turd" used to describe the York compressor. I definitely DON'T want one to stay cool in the summer time, originality is the only reason. Purchased the car several months back and it is so close to being fully stock that I'm wanting to complete it. Not to say I'm not constantly thinking of all the cool modifications I could/should make to it.

One thing I've learned is that there is a lot of confusion surrounding the 'correct' compressor on a '79 930. Every dismantled I call says they have plenty available. When I ask for a pic prior to purchase they get all defensive and quote me how many years they have been Porsche experts. It always ends the same; they don't have one and they 'forgot' the '79 used a different compressor.

I think the reason they are so hard to come by is that they truly were turds and have been flushed long ago.

Anyway, I would still like to find one and if anyone has any ideas or comes across one please let me know.
Thx
Old 01-04-2015, 09:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)