View Single Post

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911tracker85 View Post
regarding removing the bell housing. you have to remove the sensors to get it off. there are holes in the bell housing through which the sensors go. when I get mine off, will notch those places so the bell housing can be put on and removed without pulling those sensors.

I am not sure, but wonder if you removed the bolt holding the sensor bracket and pull the whole bracket and sensors out?

good luck.
Thanks for the info. I've never had to work on a car with a rear mounted transmission before, so this is still a learning experience

My problem is that the second sensor, the one closest to the front of the engine, does not come out at all. I have tried for months to get it out, trying absolutely everything. At this point I already have the transmission pretty much off so I might as well go through with it.

I did take out all the bolts from the plate that holds the sensors in an attempt to get it out that way, but I had no luck. It wiggles but doesn't come out. I think that was my "Plan Y" lol.

I just really want this car to run. I had started it on 3 different occasions after I installed a new starter and distributor, but it died out each time after about 15 seconds of running. I bypassed the alarm. Nothing. After that, I saw that the plugs for the reference sensors were both completely disintegrated. I figured that must be the cause. I have the new sensors ready for installation if I can get that other one out

I work alone. Nobody has been helping me so i'd be extra excited if I can drive the car by this coming summer
Old 01-04-2015, 10:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)