View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
My assumption was that you like the sound of the big N/A engines. If keeping your turbo engine is an option I would definitely do that. There are many ways to lower boost threshold; under 3000RPM is easy, our 400hp builds are at 1.0bar@2800rpm. If the car is overpowered put on a small turbo for 350hp and spool even quicker. The sound however as you know is completely different. Personally I like the high strung N/A sound but hate the lag. They have no power down low either 'till they come on cam.
I absolutely love the sound of an NA 911 motor but also enjoy the sound of my Turbo, it sounds great just idling around until the boost hits then its just a loud HISSSS!! I am somewhat torn though. I'd love to keep the turbo and make it quicker but my 915 tranny is probably not going to last forever as is. I figured with a milder NA motor i'd be fine with my 915 and have a car that more fun at stop lights etc. My first gear is pretty useless with the turbo, as soon as boost hits the tires light up and I have to shift to 2nd.

However I do plan to attend some track events with the UCPCA this summer at Mosport, so perhaps I should just keep it as is thru the summer and see how I feel after some fast lapping.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)