View Single Post

Yup, I will third that sentiment as far as taking it slow and enjoying driving the car.

My car had a bad respray paint job, I was thinking of trying to get out easy and just repaint the bad areas, my car is a driver anyway. Well..... that led to a full glass out doors off paint job that was 8k. Well during the paint my small dash crack became a huge one, now my dash is being sent off and it will be another month before it comes back. That is another 700 with shipping. Now I'm getting the headliner redone, that is another 500.
When the glass came out my chrome trim around the glass got torn up and I have had to buy new, another 550 bucks. Going to h4s cost me another 800. And after all this I'm still trying to ignore the seats that are perfectly good drivers but their flaws now stand out because of the paint. This all started with a crappy paint job. Man, I have not done the math on this I went through 10k without even trying, I could easily spend another 2k on the seats if I don't just stop for awhile.

While I'm in there is a great way to never drive a car and it is no joke. I just want to get my car back! I missed a great fall driving season in a car that has no air conditioning.

Getting the car up and going and starting small is great advice, the worse thing about tearing into these cars is the fact that you can not take them out and drive them.

And when I started my paint it was in September, and the painter said he should get the car done by the last week in October,my car will hopefully maybe be in good driving shape by February right when it has to stay in the garage, yippee!

Last edited by Eli W; 01-05-2015 at 08:57 PM..
Old 01-05-2015, 08:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)