View Single Post
Brando

Garage
I really think you should decide what you want. The 915 is a great help for the 3ldz turbo. And it's pretty amazing ratios for the k27 Id bet. But the power level is strictly limited.
I love boost. And I know it.
Nothing replaces the push in the back that boost provides. That being said. Your in a bit of a spot. That 915........
I broke two. Right now I'm swapping to a very nice 930 gearbox. It's unmodified. It will undergo some upgrades in time but for now it's stock but freshly rebuilt. And my boost is Rising. If you keep the turbo, consider Building it with sc grind cams modern quick spoil turbo. But also think real hard about getting a 930 or g50 to allow you to sleep well during your turbo dreams. The 915 was a nightmare for me Everytime I thought about that second gear and the strain it was under.
But the 915 is pretty great for a lighter power car. 3.2ss or 3.2 carrera. Maybe a hot 3.0 with itb would be cool. Look cool too. The 915 can handle that. Good luck with your project. We'll be able watching closely.
May the force be with you.

Last edited by quattrorunner; 01-05-2015 at 09:12 PM..
Old 01-05-2015, 09:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)