View Single Post
Journalist

Garage
Glad to see I've started another internet fight...

A couple of points to clear up:
1) While this is my first Porsche, this is not my first rodeo. I've built custom motorcycles and a vintage BMW. I'm not getting into anything I'm not prepared for - either financially or emotionally.

2) I intend to do absolutely every portion of this I can on my own. Other than paint and expert bodywork, I do these projects to learn and to have fun. Doing this all myself is my hobby - thus major $ savings.

3) This is neither a frame-off restoration nor a race car. This is going to be a daily/weekly pleasure driver with light canyon carving. I don't need titanium bushing pushrod turbo linkages with sparkles nor will I be kept awake at night if my flares are .5inches bigger than a real RS.

Hopefully that clears us a lot of the different questions/suggestions. I definitely should have been more clear in my post. Apologies.

Thank you all for all the support and private messages I've received. This is why I love the Pelican community so much!

Stay tuned for an update soon...
Old 01-07-2015, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)