View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamKaz View Post
Glad to see I've started another internet fight...

A couple of points to clear up:
1) While this is my first Porsche, this is not my first rodeo. I've built custom motorcycles and a vintage BMW. I'm not getting into anything I'm not prepared for - either financially or emotionally.

2) I intend to do absolutely every portion of this I can on my own. Other than paint and expert bodywork, I do these projects to learn and to have fun. Doing this all myself is my hobby - thus major $ savings.

3) This is neither a frame-off restoration nor a race car. This is going to be a daily/weekly pleasure driver with light canyon carving. I don't need titanium bushing pushrod turbo linkages with sparkles nor will I be kept awake at night if my flares are .5inches bigger than a real RS.

Hopefully that clears us a lot of the different questions/suggestions. I definitely should have been more clear in my post. Apologies.

Thank you all for all the support and private messages I've received. This is why I love the Pelican community so much!

Stay tuned for an update soon...
Certainly not questioning your skills or motivation, but parts costs will be beyond your guesstimate budget, even if some parts are bought used and you sell take off parts to contribute to the budget. $10k could probably get you the asthetics you want, or the driveline/suspension refresh, but not both. It's just the economics with these cars. It still boggles my mind what people ask for used parts off these cars. Good luck, I look forward to seeing the progress!
Old 01-07-2015, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)