View Single Post
Brando

Garage
later 930 gbox early flywheel

My question is two in one.

Firstly, I'm not shortening this gearbox. I've seen it done, I've done some research. I don't want to get into that debate. I do what I do.

But....I still haven't seen an early 930 engine with 6 bolt 240mm flywheel ever used with a 78-on clutch.
Will that fit and then if it fits, where am I with the extra space the longer trans bell housing has in relation to the placement of the throw out bearing?
I have the 930 clutch cable but still have a few loose ends to tie up.
BTW the m10 bolts will not be used, I'll helicoil the 930 stub axles to work with m8 size bolts and axles the na cars run. That's not a weak link. At least not at this power level, I'll cross that later when I have the funds to go faster if ever.
So please keep the discussion to those two questions? 67-77 flywheel and 78-on clutch...
and will it all work together?
I don't see why not but there is something missing in my brain when it comes to that 1.1 inch of extra length. It's like that mystery that I can't seen to grasp, I'm sure it's easy but I'm a simple man.....not that I want to start using pam on my bare unpainted quarter panels simple but you know...
Thanks, BA
Old 01-08-2015, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)