Thread: 930potd
View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
damn man, ^that's just mean / cruel!!!^

wintar, FTMFL!

I'm struggling to make sense of the outdoor washing machine setup Harold... too funny. Care to embellish?

MikeD! Ballar print, dude!! Very cool.

930potd: since we're talkin wintar and whatnot, here's a shot of me & my bud w/ his RS @ Wayne Carini's cars 'n coffee circa 7yrs ago (note my bud in the background giving Ronknees the invitiation he ohso desparately craves)...

Remember, Paul, bud is short for buddy. Do you know what a buddy is?

I'd been in boot camp just a few days and was standing Fire-Watch around the outside of our Quonset huts in the middle of the night when one of our Drill Instructors returned from a night out. He saw me, put his face a few inches from mine and whispered "Am I your buddy?" Not wanting to offend this demon incarnate, I quickly responded "Yes, Sir!", not whispering. How quickly the demeanor of a Marine Corps Drill Instructor can change. He cuffed me hard the left side of my head and asked, this time loudly, "Are you sure you're my buddy?!" Uncertain exactly what to say I answered again, "Yes, Sir!". Then, whispering closely again, this time in a sardonic tone, he asked, "Do you know what a buddy is?"

A week or so before Christmas, 1974, I learned what a buddy is.

I've never had one, never will.

Last edited by nkowi; 01-28-2015 at 09:02 AM..
Old 01-28-2015, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #280 (permalink)