Thread: Brake problems.
View Single Post

Garage
Brake problems.

About four years ago, I noticed my brakes went a little soft after my first auto-x.

I bled them with little change. So I changed flex lines about 2 years ago. Changed the pads to Metal Masters in the front, and Pagid's (street) in the rear. I asked Pelican for a more aggressive rear pad. I think I got that right.

Still same situation.

Changed M/C about 3 months ago.

Same situation.

Rebuilt Calipers yesterday.

I still have a 1" free play then 1" squishy pedal. The last 1" seems to hit a solid place at the end of the 1" travel and then the brakes will really start to work.

I have it on jack stands, and I can put it in 1st gear, idle it, and stop the driver's rear from spinning. But I can't stop the passenger's rear from spinning no matter how hard I hit the pedal. I notice the pedal goes softer the harder I hit it. Then it returns to the normal 1" squishy.

I am expecting a ROCK SOLID pedal. Is this not the case?

Could it be my bleeder valves?

I hit the front rotors lightly with a disc sander to take off the glaze. I didn't do the rears.

I took the front pan off (under the steering rack) and followed ALL the brake lines to each caliper and there is nothiing wet.

What's left???

Thanks
Old 06-16-2003, 07:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)