View Single Post
umop apisdn

I can now happily report FrankenCIS now seems to work on all versions of CIS. The CIS-E (no WUR!) fuel head upgrade on the 928 is operational and functional tests have shown good control of AFR so far

So we have :-

K-Jetronic basic - controls an electronic WUR block by targeting a control pressure map referencing Time/Temperature. The standard style EFI Load and RPM referenced fuel demand map is them mixed in on top to provide an enhanced version of the manifold pressure adjustment available in the standard mechanical WUR.
AFR tables can also be mixed in to add multi dimension closed loop operation with a wideband sensor

K-Jetronic Lambda - as above with the addition of a second map table controlling the Frequency Valve or equivalent. in this mode we also split the additional EFI style tuning features between the WUR and FV where appropriate.

KE-Jetronic - completely different to the first two, No WUR, No Frequency Valve, static control pressure and complete control of the differential pressure between the top and bottom chambers of the Fuel Distributor. This means a wide range of fuel mixtures can be mapped without altering the position of the air plate (as happens with CIS basic) so the possibility of maxing out the air plate travel is essentially eliminated as the control piston always sees full system pressure. Be aware there are two versions of KE or CIS-E. The earlier VW/Audi units run similar system pressure to the original CIS. Sytem pressure around 70+ PSI and a grey DPR appear to be the identifiers.

KE3-Jetronic and KE-Motronic as above for KE but operate at 90+ PSI meaning a potential for greater fuel delivery and AFR authority. The Mercedes units we are testing so far all appear to be KE3 or KE-Motronic. Apparently a black DPR valve is the visual identifier. The black and grey DPRs are interchangeable if adjusted as I have done with my hybrid install.

I'm also told we should have the next batch of Type II FrankenCIS blocks early next week.

www.FrankenCIS.com
Old 01-29-2015, 02:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #258 (permalink)