View Single Post

Garage
996 Turbo has cooling capacity of appr. 24L as if 928 has appr. 9-11L depending on model. 996TT is having its engine in rear and cooler in front with longitudinal cooling lines: I was thinking of using those particular Porsche cooling lines as they are themselves as part of the cooler. All our 928s have had to refurbish with larger new cooler for performance use, to say 928 standard cooler (at least when it is aged and its plastic parts are ripping of from aluminum core) is not enough to do it. I should redo front also to this car and as if running twin turbo setup I am concerned I probably must use both front and rear cooling to make car capable of driving continuously in endurance type racing. As I have been thinking also the location for intercooler and turbos to make that arrangement as short and as simple as possible, so I tought that even if I can't get rid completely of from front cooler, I could do it considerably smaller to fit intercooler to front. I am very well aware of the cool air advantage in front centre, but this I found as on of the options to solve twinturbo+intercooler problem. We are looking also other otions.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)