Thread: 930potd
View Single Post
Kartoffelkopf

Garage
Talking boost gauges?.....

My new dial - custom 1-off, uses an original 964 clock which has all the warning lights retained around the periphery, with a Stack Pro stepper motor boost and vacuum gauge fitted in place of the clock mechanism, with all the wizardry it brings....peak recall, backlight flashes at preset thresholds, digital output if required...etc.

The guy who made it printed the face with the same font, same spacing as the rest of the gauges, then used one of the clock hands, shortened, for the boost hand. Programming buttons carefully fitted through 2mm glass (glad he managed to retain glass rather than perspex). Took 3-4 months to get it one, so can't wait to fit it.

1993 (MY92) 964 Turbo 3.3 - Horizon Blue - Follow my 964 Turbo project here... http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-engine-rebuilding-forum/626572-964-3-3-turbo-efi-conversion-using-syvecs-life-racing-engine-management.html
....and also now on Instagram (along with other stuff) as @spenny_porsche #spennybengineproject

Last edited by Spenny_b; 02-02-2015 at 02:13 PM..
Old 02-02-2015, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #337 (permalink)