Thread: 930potd
View Single Post

IMR-Merlin

a couple questions.

to continue the flying theme. are you also the Merlin on rennlist 928 forum that always has P-51 mustang pics?

second, are you cutting an access to those ign packs? saw MikeD's post with the access panel for the trans shaft to allow dropping the engine easier, and planning for that on my project.

my 930 clone project has an older Electo-Motive twin plug ign. currently it is stuffed in the engine bay on the driver's side. I got the car because the muffler case split and burned some engine bay wiring, posted those pics some time ago. so dropping the engine/trans to pull everything out to refresh/fix.

thinking of moving the ign pack and the rest of the ign system to the interior, mount on the rear seat back. the engine bay is just too crammed now. and may upgrade it to a newer version. still in the 'thinking' stage. I intend to install at least a roll bar, so that would make the back seat useless for people anyway.

I like your idea, and they should not need attention often. so dropping the engine if you do ain't that hard on these cars.

the problem I am encourtering is the more I read posts on this forum, the more things I see that I want to do to my project.
86 944 turbo my new DE/track car.
78 930 clone project car.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #391 (permalink)