View Single Post
Registered

Interesting.... There's *a lot* of room between a "2.7 clone" and a "perfect 2.7 RS recreation".
I did a backdate once for $5000. Old fender extensions welded to the SC fenders (instead of whole new ones), special fiberglass long hood that retains the short hood closing panel, plug the side deco holes, put a duck tail on it, F/R Fiberglass bumper and keep the original color ? Totally doable for $5K. because I did it (well, not the ducktail, but close)

Correct fender flares, sunroof delete, chromed (not black) window surrounds all over, correct metal long hood w/ relocated closing panel, real RS rear bumpers, early dash top and instruments, seats, door panels, injection type of the motor etc... Totally not doable for that amount ;-)

It's just a simple matter of scope, we're just not sure what yours is, so I'm not about to comment on the budget in detail... But the rust/engine rebuild/paint is what's gonna blow your budget regardless though ! And just be aware that the final product may be lighter than stock, but it won't feel like a longhood. It'll feel like a Carrera. That was the biggest dissapointment on my end, having sampled both - the weight loss is not sufficient to replicate the feel of the original cars...

Last edited by Deschodt; 02-10-2015 at 11:44 AM..
Old 02-10-2015, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)