Thread: 930potd
View Single Post

as I was morphing my 911 NA into a DE/street, was on the RL 911 BB a lot. then decided to get a 928 for a DD as the 911 was becoming harsh on the street and uncomfortable with the seats/cage/etc.

so I was on the RL 928 BB a lot for a couple years while I went over the car and refreshed about everything so it would be reliable. always loved MrMerlin's pics and his advice.

past couple years been on the PP 944/944 turbo BB working on those two projects.

IMR-Merlin,
I would love to read your build thread, but dont see the link?

I appreciate seeing your garage pics, clearly a working garage. looks a lot like mine, as opposed to all those other beautiful, clean, garage pics I have seen.

here is a link to my 930 thread. just an intro at this point but will be updating once I get started. MUST finish the 951 to replace my 911 DE (retired from track) before the first DE this year. been away too long, I am feeling the need for speed.

930 clone restore - if you had it to do all over?

once I begin the dismantling phase, what I hope to do with the 930 is start posting what I am planning before I buy stuff, and really do want ideas. after resurrecting/refreshing a few old porsches, I want this project to be my best effort. was always my lust-for car and never thought I'd have one. and from reading a lot (maybe too many) of threads on this forum, my head is exploding with ideas. not sure my wallet will be able to handle it. but at this point with the 951 on the verge of being done, I plan to put the 928 and 911 up for sale soon. would love to keep all of them, but also want to retire soon.

Quote:
It's funny how we all migrated to cars with airplane engines.
in my case, I hope to pursue a sport pilot license and build my own plane. not sure I'll be able to stuff that into my life along with everything else. started taking flying lessons 35 yrs ago, but work / life got in the way.

since this is POTD, here is a pic of my mascots. they keep a sharp eye on what I do and keep the mice away.

86 944 turbo my new DE/track car.
78 930 clone project car.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #408 (permalink)