View Single Post
Uno Dei Molti Porschisti

Hi Roland,
Great catching up on your progress after my viewing hiatus - fascinating and awesome as ever.

I note you found a smaller "hockey puck" type horn (Post #409). I changed to similar units for my 911 and one of my motorcycles, and I also fabricated custom aluminum straps to mount them, in place of the so-I-thought cheesy steel ones (one had two thin straps, doubled up) supplied with them... and...

...neither horn worked!!!!, except for a pathetic and somewhat temporary sheep-like bleat. It appears the spring rate/resonant length of the strap is fundamental to the operation of at least some puck horn designs.

Just in case you didn't check your new puck's sound with the new strap - might save you some aggro later!

My favorite non-"what stuff/how do I fix/do this" thread. I look forward to seeing your car in an Excellence magazine spread once you are happy with the number of holes you will have drilled in everything

Last edited by BarryJB; 02-11-2015 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 02-11-2015, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #484 (permalink)