View Single Post

Garage
For the engine management I have been researching differencies between K- and L-jet(with L-jet here I mean MAF-systems without lambda and other sensitive elements, it can be possibly Lh or LH-jet officially, but for me LH-jet has lambda included to program elements, L-jet with potentiometer is unfamiliar to me and never seen one though) arrangements. Standard air flow order in N/A is:

Air Filter > MAF or potentiometer > throttle valve > plenum

And in standard turbo arrangements like 930 and 944T and all OEM setups in world:

Air Filter > MAF or potentiometer > turbo > intercooler > throttle valve > plenum

I know in modified applications has done succesfull L-jet or modern management systems with arrangement:

Air Filter > turbo > intercooler > MAF or potentiometer > throttle valve > plenum

But I have a belief, that this latter modified arrangement wouldn't work properly with K-jet application, so I desided to try to make the 928 S K-jet twin turbo arrangement according to the 930 RUF BTR arrangement I have in my green:

Air Filter > potentiometer > turbo > intercooler > throttle valve > plenum

I haven't found any other made 928 turbo version which would have this standard arrangement. If any one has or knows such arrangement, it would be great to hear experiences.

However, this is what I am aiming with my K-jet 928 S twin turbo application:
something new must happen under the plenum, so this is my plan: I am going to rebuild a exit part for turbo lines after potentiometer and locate turbos and intercooler before throttle valve as sketched here:

930 has similar exit in its K-jet turbo system, so I check if I could use factory 930 oem part or if I have to make my own part for 928 K-jet body.

Or because of tight exit option in top of 928 engine, maybe my own plan of exit part would be more proper:

Last edited by petri; 02-13-2015 at 03:12 AM..
Old 02-13-2015, 12:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)