View Single Post

smudo,
I think I recall in the notes for the short shift you can install in the car. but say you either need to cut off a wrench to just a few inches, or they sell one already cut off to get one of the bolts out. since my trans was out, decided to upgrade to what a friend did and loves.

my suspicion is you only need that short wrench to install the link from the shifter to the trans housing. if you keep the stock, rubber bushing part in place, may not have much trouble. but I suspect that linkage will add some firmness.

kdjones2000,
made progress, TT was hanging up on an axle shaft. now have the TT/shaft up to the point of not going into the pilot bearing. worked the jack under the engine up and down a bit, but so far no luck. off to attach it again.

starting to think of having someone depress the clutch pedal to release the clutch plate so I can wiggle around and get into the pilot bearing. I know the drive shaft is in the clutch plate splines.

got the pressure tubes and stuff reconnected to the upgraded IC.

86 944 turbo my new DE/track car.
78 930 clone project car.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)