View Single Post

Quote:
Put a jack under the engine and use it to rotate the engine longitudinally to get the TT and bell housing aligned. Once you have things aligned correctly it should go together pretty easily.
I did.

working alone with car on jack stands can be frustrating at times. kept crawling out, adjust the jack under the engine, try again ... repeat. I keep trying to tell myself it is GOOD EXERCISE for me. almost like going to the gym, but at least all that energy results in something tangible, other than sweaty / stinky clothes.

so laying there staring up at the TT / bellhousing, I realized I needed to adjust the height of the motor so the plane of the TT flange and that of the bell housing were parallel. got it adjusted to that and slipped right in.

so proceeded to lift the trans back up into place. got it against the TT bell housing and two bolts in place. then could see the alignment of the bolts to the trans mount were a little off.

so comparing a pic to that on LR web site. DANG ... put it together backward. the little machined area just looked so right for the stock part. but was for the bolt head.

in the process took a pick of the M030 rear sway bar.

86 944 turbo my new DE/track car.
78 930 clone project car.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)