View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike the mechanic
Nice project! I can't help but notice that jack you have holding up your engine and tranny. I want one! I am really starting to do many 911 at the shop, and was recently wondering what the dealer uses to remove an engine... Is that it?
We have a couple different jacks for different porsche models, but thats the one we have for the older 911s and 930s.

The jack is an OMC tranny jack with a special adaptor plate for the older air cooled motors.

The angle is adjustable on the lift plate and there are casters at all four ends which makes getting the shifter shaft in and out of the chassis and the motor in and out a lot easier than the rolling shop table method I used to use.

For the newer porsches the shop also has a table lift which is a rolling table on a scissor jack mechanism that can go up to about 6' in height.

Lets just say this makes the daily routing of changing motors out as easy as it gets.
Old 06-21-2003, 06:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)