View Single Post

Garage
You'll hear a lot around here about the "Slippery Slope" or about "While You're in There" and, as you surmised, opinions will vary.

So much depends on your budget. If you're having someone else do the work, plan on big $$$ to have this thing completed. Four a full, split-the-case rebuild, figure 4-6 grand on machine work alone (and that's without going whole-hog). Parts will run anywhere from a few grand if you're keeping things very tight, all the way to the stratosphere. Then of course, there's the cost of having your mechanic assemble everything, a number I can speak to.

If you're not in a rush, hang out here in the 930 forum for awhile, ask questions, become familiar with 930 vernacular and see what other guys have done. Many of us have jumped in quickly, buying parts we though were cool, then later went in a different direction.

There's virtually nothing about your car that someone here isn't an expert on, and your now-930-brethren will be happy to help.

All that said, here's a brief list of things you might look into (gotta head out to lunch or I'd think about it a bit more):

Upgraded Turbo
Headers
Non (or at least much less) restrictive muffler
New Camshafts (opinions vary but SC and 964 are most popular)
Upgraded head and rod bolts (that opinion thing again here)
Adjustable WUR (Warm up Regulator) unless you go with the next item ...
Electronic Fuel Injection
Upgraded Intercooler

There's more but I really have to run.

Oh, and there's an unwritten rule here; if you don't post pics your car doesn't exist.

Last edited by nkowi; 03-25-2015 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 03-25-2015, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)