View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Hey there AgentX,

I agree with a lot of the responder so far, in the fact that there is a "wealth of information" on this forum as well as over at Rennslist.

However, there is just as much "personal opinion" , which may or may not bare fruit in the end, there is one person in particular that should be ignored on ALL accounts, everyone here knows to whom I speak, you will figure him out as well.

The trick is sorting out the good, the bad, and the applicable.

I would seriously suggest that you sit down with pad & pen, and be real honest with yourself, as to what exactly you want out of the car, and exactly what you can afford to spend.

For example,
1. Is this going to be a long slow paced project.
2. Or a fast as you can get-r-done project.
3. Do you want a great riding car?
4. Do you want a great handling car?
5. Do you want a investment car {factory stock}?
6. Do you want a daily driver for fun and enjoyment without the concern of end sale value{unlimited personality choice here, pick one}?
7. Do you want only reversible bolt on modifications?

It has been my experience that you can not have it all, at best you can get 2 of the above options.

Some of the package deals that companies offer, for this level or that level of performance, do not necessarily equate to your vision of the end product.
A example of that is in some of the suspension packages that are offered, proclaiming a great balanced end result. I duplicated one such package in my second attempt to get my sled to handle properly, only to be rather disappointed with the end result, and somewhat lighter in the wallet as well.

So take a deep breath, read A LOT, take notes, make phone calls {Chris @ Turbocraft, Ira @ Tarett, Clint @ Rebel Racing} etc. etc. etc. then and only then part with your well earned cash.

My .02 worth.

Mark

Last edited by full quack; 03-25-2015 at 08:41 PM..
Old 03-25-2015, 07:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)