View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Hello again Bob,

Yep you have a jigsaw puzzle before you now don't you.

Nothing important in the pictures appears all that compromised. Sure the air injector "spider web" looks like hell, but toss it anyway, so no worries there.

I see 1 pressure fed chain tensioner in one of the boxes, chances are there is the other one there as well, so don't buy them again.

Stainless steel cam chain? Snake oil I tell you, snake oil, just replace it with a factory one if you actually need to, and be done with it.

Your listed head rebuild prices don't seem out of line too much. However, you can get Raceware head studs from our host a lot cheaper. The price for the exhaust valves seems high as well, but check with our host or with Turbocraft.

There are many here on this forum that have installed headers, and I'm sure at least 1 or 2 of them are still hoarding their stock ones, and if you ask politely, they will probably sell them to you for far less than trying to replace with new Stainless steel versions.

Best take a deep breath and wait until you get all the items sorted out, then decide your best careful path.

****update***** just checked prices with our host...yeah you can get new exhaust valves for much cheaper than you were quoted, even genuine Porsche valves are cheaper than that by more than HALF!!!!!

Mark

Last edited by full quack; 03-27-2015 at 09:37 PM..
Old 03-27-2015, 09:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)