View Single Post
beancounter

I will second Mark's comment regarding cost of head reconditioning. Yes those exhaust valve prices are high, otherwise appears "normal" The rocker reconditioning pricing looks high to me as well, though I admit that I have only paid for that service along with cam grinding, so I never really paid attention to individual pricing.

The rennsport systems place is Steve Weiner, he contributes regularly on the forums and is generally held in high regard. There are probably options more local to you (I can name a couple here in NJ, but I don't know any in VA). Regardless, an awful lot of people send their Porsche parts to the west coast for service like this.

I wouldn't worry about the jugs being exposed like that - the pistons and rings should be sealing out dust and debris quite well. OTOH, the bottom end of the case could have foreign debris from sitting, as there are large openings where the timing chains pass through and where the oil return tubes plug in. You might want to split the case at this point, and do the full monty.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)