View Single Post

well.....

making good progress. need to take pics of the dash/gauges/shifter.

I had a small, separate tach, got it installed in the dash just in front of the stock tach and working.

got the shift light installed, wires down into the console, but not fully connected yet. hopefully will do tomorrow.

not as impressive as Raymond's dash, but should work for me.

got the tires swapped and ready for the track. NT-01s, 17" 235/255 F/R. in the process noticed how worn the front, slotted rotors looked. just under 27mm, so ordered new ones and will install before the DE in a couple weeks. a friend talked me into trying Hawk Blue and I know they are very abrasive. depending on how they do on the track may go another way with pads.

car drives / tracks good, but will have alignment checked and adjusted to my specs as needed before the DE.

going to an autocross Sat to see how it does.

now with some break in miles and a tach, starting to push it harder. really pulls strong on stock boost. have not started playing with the adj boost. AFRs look good on boost.

have had on lift several times, and found/tightened a few items. but still get some rattle on decel that I am convinced is the short shift kit. when I reach up and wiggle, get a little clicking.

replaced the PS hose, but then found the PS pump also leaks, so replaced that to.

got the LR shifter installed too. I set it to reduce the throws, short and tight. love it

and from driving I have realized I am not comfortable rolling my foot onto the gas pedal to rev match without risking slipping off the brake pedal. so got this. sure it will lower my lap time and improve confidence.

86 944 turbo my new DE/track car.
78 930 clone project car.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)