View Single Post

My goal is not particularly high power. Rather I want to achieve great drivability and response in an inconspicuous package for a long hood car. To me “inconspicuous” means no tail at all, and thus no intercooler. So my plan for the motor is as follows:

1. Ditch the 1978 exhaust for a set of GHL turbo headers I picked up from Spuggy.

2. Swap the Monty muffler for a Rarelyl8 Hooligan.

3. Replace the stock WUR for a Leask modified WUR I picked up from Spuggy.

4. Add a Safeguard knock detection system I picked up from Spuggy (beginning to see a pattern here?) and advance timing for good off boost response.

5. Remove intercooler and add a water/meth injection system tied to an electronic boost controller plumbed to the stock wastegate. When the water/meth tank is full and the system is armed, boost is higher (0.8-1.0 bar I expect). When the system is off or out of water/meth, the system reverts to just the wastegate with the 0.5 bar spring which I believe will be safe even without the intercooler.

6. Tune with AFR and Safeguard for safe, responsive fuel mixture and ignition timing.

7. Remove all the unnecessary and excess crap like the AC compressor bracket, air injection lines, front AC condenser, ext.

So, that is my plan. I’m interested to hear peoples input and opinions.

2006 Forester STI - the parts hauler, 1992 BMW 325 Cab S52 M3 - The Scooter

Last edited by rswannabe; 04-17-2015 at 06:24 PM..
Old 04-17-2015, 03:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)