View Single Post
umop apisdn

Yes, Apologies to anyone who has been confused by the CIS-E experiment on the 928.

This is still very much applicable to CIS

FrankenCIS was always intended to operate on ALL versions of CIS regardless of the host vehicle. The 928 is my personal toy and being the only CIS vehicle here became the development mule. As soon as we verified the operation on standard CIS and CIS-E vehicles I began experimenting with mix-n-match options to see if the early CIS could be updated with later versions of the system

The plan for the 928 in particular was always to begin with CIS then move to CIS-Lambda then CIS-E. It allowed development and verification of each version for normal users and also updated my project vehicle to the latest system at the end of the path. As well as proving we were all not locked in to a particular version of fuel distributor if we desired to mess with a stock setup.

CIS with the eWUR is the most basic and therefore the crudest as we are altering control pressure only which means we are messing with air plate position and stroke.
- 100% stroke at a fixed 0.2bar differential pressure is 100% fuel delivery

CIS lambda with eWUR seems to be the best compromise of originality and control as we not only have the eWUR on Control Pressure but we also have full control of the Frequency valve which directly alters the differential pressure within the Fuel Distributor and therefore fuel delivery throughout the control piston stroke
100% stroke at a variable +/- ?bar differential pressure may be 120% or more fuel delivery with good control (fine and coarse)

CIS-E on the other hand has no WUR and operates on the same 0.2bar differential so theoretically for the same stroke and differential pressure should match the other two for flow - BUT the differential pressure regulator has a published normal range of +/- 1.6bar meaning the differential pressure can be massively altered and therefore may have a ceiling of 150% or more delivery at 100 percent stroke. And with excellent control authority including full fuel shutoff capability (overrun/Redline/safety/etc. Fuel Cut is possible)

Al this is ignoring limiting factors such as pumps and metering slits but in theory that's where I think the versions differ

Vehicles known to be running at present are
my 928 - on CIS-E using +/- 15mA of the 150mA range so 10% to achieve good AFRs

CIS with eWUR
Dkubus Mercedes SLC V8 race car with insane CAMS using around 80kpa or +/- 0.8bar of control pressure to achieve idle and good AFRs to redline
Dkubus Mercedes SL V8 street car (stock) using around 30kpa or +/- 0.3bar of control pressure to achieve idle and good AFRs to redline

Paulo's green 911 with FrankenCIS ultra-lite

in the works
Dkubus Mercedes 190E 2.6 6 cylinder CIS-E
911 and 930 eWUR based systems either currently or soon to be installed
a number of Mercedes 6 & v8, both eWUR and CIS-E
and a couple of Volvos

We are eagerly awaiting results from one or more of the private vehicle installs to provide confirmation the system works as advertised and there is a trusted independent Pelican tuner out there somewhere that should be testing too
I think everyone is still building engines at present.

www.FrankenCIS.com

Last edited by Reanimotion; 04-23-2015 at 02:57 AM..
Old 04-22-2015, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #362 (permalink)