View Single Post

J/C (50)

The cup figures are DIN spec for circuit diagram female connectors. The arrows have to be for male connectors, although my Bosch Handbook doesn't show that figure for some reason. The (50) indicates it is part of the starter wiring.

The Bentley diagram for an '87 shows this, but not what you have your finger on. It shows it as a connector which allows one input to split to two outputs, with the second going to the air conditioner relay. The "direct" out goes to the starter, but also to a blower control unit and the heater level contact. And the input wire has a second wire attached to its female plug which goes on to the DME.

I couldn't find what JC or J/C is in any listing, but maybe that is junction connector? It would be a white or clear plastic rectangle, with two rectangular holes on each end, each containing a male press on connector buried down inside. Or perhaps two on one side, and one on the other.

Older Porsche wiring diagrams would have indicated where this connector might be, but not so, I guess, with the later ones.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)