View Single Post
beancounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff NJ View Post
1. The entire clutch assy is new, save for the flywheel which was resurfaced. While possible, it is unlikely that the parts are out of spec.
You can never assume that even new parts are "in spec." When I rebuilt my engine, I had brand new parts that were defective. It happens.

Check out the video I took of a rocker shaft cone nut that was in my engine. Factory part:

You can certainly try Ronnie's suggestion. Clutches can/will drag a bit even when disengaged. Your description that the wheels are hard to stop and drag the engine idle rpm down sounds like more than normal drag to me. I also note that you're not running the OE pressure plate and throwout bearing there. Looks like one of the lighter weight motorsport pressure plates that requires the lengthened throwout bearing. Not sure how many varieties those bits come in, so is it possible that one of those pieces in incorrect for the application, or maybe the pressure plate is supposed to be spaced off of the flywheel a bit?
Old 05-14-2015, 04:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)